Truefitt & Hill is a prestigious British brand of men's grooming products and a chain of barbershop. Trufitt & Hill was established by William Francis Truefitt, a hairdresser in the British Royalty, in 1805.
In 1811 Wiiliam relocated the business to 40 Old Bond Street and established himself as "Court Hair Cutter" and "Court Head Dresser" where, along with his sole employee, his brother Peter, he was soon to become Wigmaker, by Royal Appointment to His Majesty, King George III.
Throughout the early part of the 19th century, when regular visits to the barber were essential to facilitate the wearing of wigs by Gentlemen, Old Bond Street became increasingly more fashionable and the Truefitt's barber shop flourished.
In 1911 Edwin Hill & Co. set up a barber shop at 23 Old Bond Street, and it was to this address H.P. Truefit (Francis Truefitt's nephew) moved in 1935 to form, the still existing, Truefitt & Hill. Other Truefitt regional outlets were merged into the present company in 1941.
For over 200 years, Trufitt and Hill has had the honour of grooming eminent men of the society, including the men from the royalty, rising stars and legendary icons of the time.
In April 2000, the Guiness Book of World Records certified Truefitt & Hill as the oldest barbershop in the world. It now has a presence in the US and Canada and is slowly spreading its wings all around. The company continues to offer excelent grooming accessories and services for men.